• Owner of Charles Coker, CPA Accounting firm. • Certified as a CPA in Virginia since 1987. • Serving over 400 individual income tax clients and 50 business clients • Taught accounting classes at Marymount University and Knoxville College • Volunteer Auditor for First Baptist Church, Alexandria • Fulfills yearly Continuing Professional Education CPA requirements
Professional memberships and certifications: • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Virginia
• American Institute of CPA’s (AICPA) • Virginia Society of CPA’s: Peer Review,Technology Committees
• Maryland Association of CPA’s • Northern Virginia Apartment Association member • Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) • Finance Committee, First Baptist Church of Alexandria • Washington Association of Money Managers • Washington Society of Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Education: • US Navy, Interior Communications Engineer, 1964-1967 • Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Tennessee, 1974, majoring in accounting and computer science • Continuing education in accounting, financial analysis, and computer science.
• CPA at Charles Coker, CPA since 2012. • Auditor, Quantum Dynamics, 2012. • Senior Accountant, Fairfax Water, 2011-2012.
• Accounting Supervisor, Payroll and AP, International Resources Group, 2011
• Accountant, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, 2010-2011
Professional memberships and certifications: • Certified Public Accountant in Virginia • American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Education: • Master of Science in Finance, George Washington University, 2006 •Bachelor of Business Administration, George Washington University, 1988
• Speaks fluent Spanish
Christine Coker, Senior Accountant
Christine Coker, Senior Accountant & Business Consultant
Experience: •Senior Accountant and Manager at Charles Coker, CPA since 1995. •Systems Manager at GE Capital Asset Management 1984-1995.
Professional memberships and certifications: •West End Business Association of Alexandria, Virginia (WEBA)
• Old Town Alexandria Connection (OTAC) • PTA Volunteer Alexandria City Public Schools
Education: •Bachelor of Science in Math and Business, Wake Forest University, 1982 •Continuing education in computer science and accounting
Our satisfied clients testimonials include:
INCOME TAX PREPARATION
• "[You're]the best CPA Santa ever brought for attorneys!"
• "Your service was/is amazing! Charles, you are a miracle worker! Much thanks from a 'new' long-term customer!"
• "I've been coming here for years and have always been very pleased."
• "[Charles Coker] is top notch when it comes to taxes."
• "It was due to the skill and expertise of you and your staff that I am paying substantially lower amount in taxes over the past two years."
• "Really appreciate the Saturday hours & friendly, competent service!"
• "The numbers are terrific, you are definitely a 'keeper'"
• "You provided me with prompt service and I was very pleased with the timeliness with which you prepared my tax return"
• "Always great staff & service"
• "I feel so much better after having talked to Mr. Coker. He put me at ease and let me know that my problems were not as great as I thought. I recommend him highly."
• "You have been such a delight to work with, and I hope we have the chance to do so again sometime soon."
• "I would recommend [Coker] to anyone serious about running a tight ship. He is fair and his prices are reasonable. He does a thorough job. He has been entrusted to do the personal finances of my partners and I. He has saved us a great deal of money and steered us away from financial mistakes."
• " I would like to express my admiration for the excellent services provided by Coker. Your understanding of our needs, expert advice and prompt response to our problems have been an invaluable service to our organization."
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR SUPPORT
• " I feel like the quality of our responses [to proposal] is second to none. I appreaciate your efforts."
• "Thanks for everything. You have made this negotiation a success by your due diligence and great responses to the [governemnt] and our time critical needs."
• "Thank you so much for your work on this project. You did a spectacular job - whether or not I get the contract!"
• "During the Small Business Administration 8(a) application process we received excellent services from Coker and achieved our certification. We greatly appreciate your prompt services and outstanding support."