Here's how it works for our taxpayer / clients:
The taxpayer will get an email from SigniX / Charles Coker CPA to electroncially sign their return.
The taxpayer should click the link in the email. If married filing jointly, two emails, one to each spouse, is sent.
To complete the signature, the taxpayer must:
1. Read the legal consent information and select Accept.
2. Enter the last four digits of the Social Security Number and the birthdate.
3. Click Next.
4. Answer the Knowledge Base Authentication questions to confirm identity.
5. Click Next.
6. Type a password and re-type to confirm.
The taxpayer can choose to use one of 6 preset signature fonts, or draw the signature:
7. Once the taxpayer chooses a signature method, click On to View/Sign.
8. Signix asks the taxpayer to confirm if he/she is ready to sign, and provides an option to review documents first.
9. Once the taxpayer clicks Go!, the webpage displays the forms that require signatures.
10. Click the Click to Sign tab to insert the signature in each location.
One all signatures have been entered, Signix confirms the process is complete:
11. Click Finish.
If another taxpayer needs to sign this return, use these same steps using the email link that the taxpayer received.
Once all signatures have been entered on the return, the taxpayer receives an email with a secure link, which allows them to access the final copy of the return for their records.